When you select United Air Temp for the installation of climate control equipment, you are selecting the very finest people, equipment, and workmanship. We have been delivering superior heating and cooling systems since 1931.
We have a technical staff of more than 175 people who receive more than 6000 hours of training each year. We have designed and installed more than 55,000 systems and provide service to more than 60,000 families each year. We have received many accolades from sources such as Washington Checkbook, and Neighbors Choice Awards for superior value and quality.
Our technicians have the experience, training, and ability to trouble shoot all types of air conditioners and heat pumps. Our vast experience and neighborhood focused business model (more than 20 service branches) positions us to render quick, efficient and reliable service.
From factory-trained and licensed installers to our certified climate consultants, we have the ability, training, and experience to help you assess your current situation, design the appropriate solution, and install the correct product in order to deliver the comfort that you deserve.
Our continuing education policy keeps our staff current on the newest products as they come on the market. Our experience allows us to assess the potential of these products to determine if they will benefit you our customer.
The best way to protect your family, your home, and your investment is with regular maintenance. Today more than 60,000 customers use our service on a regular basis. Why don’t you give one of our customer service specialists today to learn more about our “Full Service Agreements”? 800-890-4328
Time for a Clean and Check?
United Air Temp offers comprehensive air conditioning services. Benefits of a Clean and Check include:
- Lower utility bills by reducing energy consumption and waste
- Extended equipment life
- Peace of mind for you and your family
- Fewer repairs and improved system reliability
- Increased cooling capacity and efficiency
Our Clean and Check procedure includes, as needed:
- Check thermostat calibration (improperly calibrated thermostats will result in incorrect temperature in the home).
- Clean and check the blower fan to remove buildup of dirt and dust, which reduces the amount of air circulated through your home.
- Wash or clean any washable filter.
- Check and rinse outdoor coils.
- Check all electronics.
- Check for proper temperature drop (refrigerant pressures checked when needed).
- Check fan control.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check all electrical wiring to be secure and intact.
- Clean and check condensation drain.
- ENVIROCON the system to kill the mold and mildew that grows in the AC system.
Related information: Air Quality
Frequently asked questions:
- How often should I have my air conditioning/heating system serviced? We suggest twice a year: in the spring and in the fall. Regular check-ups can identify issues before they turn into serious problems.
- Should my thermostat be set to “auto” or “on”? Setting the thermostat to “auto” is the most efficient setting. The fan operates only when the temperature requires it. The only advantage to using the “on” setting is that the air is constantly filtered, resulting in an even temperature throughout the house; however this will lessen the life of the motor.
- Should I cover my outdoor unit in the winter? No. Air conditioners are built to withstand the outdoor environment and should not be covered.
- How close may I plant shrubs or flowers to the outdoor unit? Keep plants at least 2 feet from the air conditioner to allow for proper air circulation. Without room for air circulation, the unit may overheat.
Beat the heat!
When an air conditioner fails during the summer, it’s a major interruption to your daily life and comfort. Having an established relationship with a reliable heating and air conditioning company is a must!
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is your air conditioner running all day but your house is just not cool enough?
- Does every room seem to have a different temperature?
- Have your utility bills absolutely skyrocketed?
If you are experiencing any of these issues, call us at 800-890-4328, we have solutions for you.