UV Lights in Jacksonville
Every Florida homeowner wants to breathe clean indoor air, but the prevalence of outdoor allergens and indoor contaminants make this an uphill battle. Fortunately, with UV light installation from United Air Temp, you can gain the upper hand on indoor air pollution. Whether you have allergies and asthma, want to prevent getting sick, or hope to improve HVAC efficiency, UV lights could be the air quality solution you’ve been looking for!
Contact United Air Temp today for more information about UV lights and their impressive germicidal properties.
What Are UV Lights?
When you think of ultraviolet light, you may picture getting sunburned after a day at the beach. However, UV light is also a tool for improving indoor air quality. Sunscreen protects against UVA and UVB rays, but UVC light is the wavelength used for air purification.
UVC light is considered germicidal because these powerful rays can penetrate the cell walls of mold, bacteria, and viruses. As a result, the physiological structure of these microorganisms is destroyed, so they can no longer divide and replicate.
UV germicidal lights are used in numerous applications, including residential HVAC systems, healthcare settings, kitchen exhaust vents, and water treatment devices. In the context of residential HVAC, UV lights have two uses:
- Treating the evaporator coil and drain pan: These components are prone to organic growth that can cause unpleasant odors and lower operating efficiency. UV lights aim to reduce the need for evaporator coil and drain pan cleanings while promoting smooth HVAC operation.
- Treating the indoor air: As air flows through the ductwork, in-duct UV lights neutralize harmful airborne microorganisms, leaving clean air to circulate your home for your family to breathe.
Benefits of UV Lights
If you’re unsure whether UV germicidal lights are right for your Jacksonville home, consider the many benefits they provide:
- Removing airborne germs: It’s one thing to trap contaminants, but UV lights take this one step further by stopping the growth and spread of microscopic life. This feature is particularly beneficial for people with allergies or asthma.
- Reducing the spread of illness: Germs can spread through the HVAC system if someone in your home becomes sick with an airborne bacterial or viral infection. Decrease the risk of anyone else falling ill by installing in-duct UV lights.
- Cleaning the air without chemicals: UV air purification kills germs with light, not harsh chemicals, helping to keep your home safe and clean.
- Preventing mold growth on the HVAC system: Over time, mold and other microorganisms can grow on the evaporator coil, drain pan, and other components. UV lights keep the ductwork and HVAC equipment cleaner, helping the system operate more reliably and efficiently.
If you want to enjoy these benefits of UV lights for yourself, please contact us for a free installation estimate.
Choose United Air Temp To Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
Many factors affect indoor air quality. In addition to germicidal UV lights, you may also be interested in a humidifier or dehumidifier, high-efficiency air filter, whole-house ventilation, or other solutions. No matter your air quality needs and goals, United Air Temp is the company to call. We have been helping our customers breathe easy since 1931. Our team is licensed, insured, and background checked for your peace of mind, and we offer upfront prices, so you know just what to expect. It would be our pleasure to show you why we’re Jacksonville’s premier indoor air quality contractor!
Schedule UV Light Installation in Jacksonville, FL
Our mission has been to improve indoor air quality for every customer we serve for nearly a century. Not only can we install advanced UV lights to purify your air, but we can repair, maintain, and replace UV bulbs to keep your investment working correctly.
When you’re ready to enjoy fresher, safer indoor air, please contact United Air Temp for UV light services in Jacksonville.