Indoor Air Quality Services in Jacksonville, FL
Indoor air quality is crucial for your health and well-being. “Bad” air can exacerbate breathing conditions, allergies, and more. Conversely, cleaning the air in your home can improve your health and make your home feel considerably more comfortable.
At United Air Temp, we’ll help determine what pollutants circulate in your home and how best to improve the air quality. We can use humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air scrubbers, air purifiers, UV lights, and more to clear the air and help you breathe better.
What Is the Importance of Indoor Air Quality?
The average home undergoes around 35 complete air changes every hour. The fewer the changes, the lower the air quality you breathe. Many new homes can have abysmally low air changes per hour, so this is one of the first things we look for because increasing it to the proper level can significantly improve indoor air quality.
Likewise, regularly mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and avoiding harsh chemicals, candles, etc., can go a long way toward keeping the air in your home fresh and clean.
Our Services in Jacksonville
- Humidifier installation: If the air in your home is too dry, we can install a humidifier to increase humidity to your preference. Humidifiers are easy to install, maintain, and repair and will provide years of reliable operation.
- Dehumidifier installation: If the air is too humid, can reduce the humidity and make your home feel more comfortable. We can install, maintain, and repair a broad range of reliable dehumidifiers in your home.
- Thermostat repair: We can fix your thermostat to ensure it delivers the consistent comfort you desire. We service a full range of options, including modern smart thermostats that are easily integrated into your smart home network.
- Ductwork installation: Our certified HVAC specialists can install and replace ductwork in your Jacksonville home. We adhere to strict quality standards to ensure reliable operation for your ducts.
- Dryer vent cleaning: We provide routine dryer vent cleaning for reliable dryer operation, better indoor air quality, and reduced risk of fire hazards.
- Air scrubber installation: We can attach air scrubbers directly to the ducts in your home. These provide a steady stream of clean, healthy air as it circulates.
- Air purifier installation: We can help select and install the ideal air purifier for your home. We’ll help you determine which system provides the protection you desire and help you choose the optimal placement in your home.
- Attic fan installation and repair: Attic fans help circulate the air throughout your attic and keep the space well-ventilated. These are highly effective at keeping your home cool in the hot summer months.
- R-22 conversion: We can convert your R-22 air conditioning system to accept R-410A refrigerant. This conversion is crucial as supplies of R-22 are quickly running out and will be exhausted in the near future.
Depend on United Air Temp for Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Our company was built in 1931, so it’s been our mission for nearly a century to improve indoor air quality for thousands of families. Whether you need heating, cooling, or plumbing services, we’re here to keep your house clean and running smoothly. Energy efficiency is always our goal, second to the clean air we breathe.
When you want top-tier service and long-term reliability, trust the team at United Air Temp to deliver the best indoor air quality services in Jacksonville.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will candles negatively impact indoor air quality?
Definitely. Anytime you burn a candle, incense, etc., it emits potentially toxic smoke into the home. These fumes can quickly fill air filters and diminish the air quality in your home.
Will installing plants help filter the air?
Yes and no. Some plants are more effective at filtering air than others. Thus, we recommend checking which plants are best at filtering the specific types of pollutants in your home.
How frequently should I replace my air filter?
For optimal results, we recommend changing air filters every month. This maintenance task is especially important if you have pets, asthma, COPD, etc.