24/7 Emergency Air Conditioning Repair in Orlando, FL
The heat and humidity in Orlando make reliable air conditioning a necessity. So when your air conditioner breaks down, it is important that homeowners can find the help they need when they need it.
At United Air Temp, we offer 24-hour emergency air conditioning repair in Orlando and the surrounding areas. Our skilled, NATE-certified technicians can help with virtually any cooling problem you may encounter, and we offer quality craftsmanship with upfront pricing and guaranteed satisfaction.
When you need fast help with air conditioning problems in the Orlando area, turn to our trustworthy, reliable technicians at UAT. Call (407) 698-3098 to schedule emergency AC repair services today.
Signs You Need Emergency AC Repair
Minimize the time you spend without air conditioning by counting on United Air Temp for repairs as soon as you notice signs that your AC may not be working properly. These can include:
- Warm air or insufficient cooling
- Poor airflow
- No cooling at all
- Water or refrigerant leaks
- Ice buildup on the outdoor unit
- Odd odors like musty or burning smells
- Abnormal noises like screeching, buzzing, or grinding
- Frequently tripped breakers
- An inoperative thermostat
DIY Air Conditioning Troubleshooting
Here are a few things you can try before calling an HVAC professional for AC repairs:
- Check the thermostat settings: If your thermostat isn’t set correctly, your AC unit may not turn on or provide the level of comfort you need. Ensure your thermostat has power and fresh batteries, if needed, and check that it is properly set to cooling mode, with the fan set to auto.
- Ensure the air filter isn’t clogged: A dirty air filter can interfere with airflow and heat transfer, causing anything from a frozen evaporator coil to system overheating. Check the air filter and replace it if necessary.
- Reset the breaker: A tripped breaker can prevent your air conditioner from turning on. To reset the breaker and the air conditioner’s control board, turn the breaker for the system off, then back on.
Common Causes of AC Breakdowns
Even the most well-maintained air conditioning system can occasionally malfunction due to normal wear, age, or lack of maintenance. Here are some of the most common causes of AC breakdowns:
- Faulty contactors or relays
- Faulty compressor start circuits or capacitors
- Clogged condensate drains
- Dirty or frozen evaporator coils
- Dirty condenser coils
- Refrigerant leaks
- Faulty control boards or blown fuses
Air Conditioning Repair vs. Replacement
A typical air conditioner will last 10 to 15 years with proper AC maintenance.
If your system is less than a decade old and the problem is not too severe or costly to solve, AC repair will be the best choice.
If your air conditioner is approaching the 15-year mark, has major problems, its warranty has expired, or it needs frequent repairs, it may be time to consider an air conditioning replacement.
The team at United Air Temp can inspect your unit and recommend repair or replacement.
Call United Air Temp for Emergency AC Services in Orlando
When you need an HVAC expert for 24/7 emergency air conditioning repairs, choose United Air Temp. We have been a leader in home comfort since 1931, and we feature top-quality services and products you can count on.
Our technicians receive ongoing training to provide the best service to homeowners throughout the Orlando area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
Common causes of this issue include dirty air filters, frozen evaporator coils, leaking refrigerant, or a clogged condenser coil.
Start by changing your air filter. If you still can’t feel cool air, call an emergency HVAC technician to inspect your system and provide a diagnosis.
How do you defrost an air conditioner?
If your air conditioner is frozen, you can defrost it yourself with a few simple steps:
- Go to your thermostat and turn your AC off and change the fan setting from “auto” to “on.”
- Allow the fan to fully defrost the system. Be patient! This can take an hour or more.
- When your AC is defrosted, turn the system on and reset the fan to auto.
What should I do while I wait for emergency AC repair?
To stay cool while you wait for AC repair, open your windows to promote airflow. If it’s the middle of the day and there’s direct sunlight, crack your windows but keep curtains closed to minimize heat gain.
You should also stay hydrated with cold drinks and change into breathable clothes like those made of cotton or linen.
Other tricks include cooling off with a cold shower or wet washcloth and turning fans on high.
Why does extreme heat cause AC breakdowns?
Running your air conditioning consistently causes the filters to become clogged more quickly, the fan to become dirty faster, and the system to work harder to cool your home.
All this wear and tear is why AC breakdowns are most common in the middle of summer when the heat is at its peak.
How do you reset your air conditioner?
Start by turning off power to your system at the circuit breaker. Flip the breaker that powers your AC off.
Then, look on your unit for a small red reset button. The location of the button is usually listed on the owner’s manual.
Hold this button down for three to five seconds and then reset your circuit breaker.
Should I turn my AC off while on vacation?
We don’t recommend this. Without a consistent indoor temperature, your home will become humid, and appliances like refrigerators and freezers will struggle to work. You may also end up with damaged electronics.
Instead, consider setting your AC to 82 degrees to save power and prevent these issues.