Air Conditioning Repair in Baltimore, MD
Your air conditioner is designed to keep your home comfortable, offering you and your family a safe haven from extreme summer heat. If your AC isn’t working as it should, United Air Temp can help.
We offer comprehensive air conditioning services in Baltimore and the surrounding areas, including fast repair. Our licensed technicians are highly trained and can address any issue your cooling system is experiencing.
24/7 Emergency AC Repair
If your air conditioner breaks down suddenly, especially in extreme temperatures, your home will quickly become uncomfortable. It can also be dangerous for children, pets, and older adults.
Fortunately, UAT provides 24/7 emergency air conditioning repair to ensure you’re never without air conditioning for long. Our highly trained team will identify the problem and restore cool air in no time.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair
When your air conditioner isn’t working as it should, it’s important to schedule a repair quickly to prevent further damage.
You need professional AC service if you notice:
- System short-cycling: If your unit is repeatedly cycling off and on in under 10 minutes, there’s likely a problem with an air filter, a loose electrical connection, or frozen evaporator coils.
- No or low airflow: If your system isn’t cooling adequately, it might be due to dirty air filters, a faulty thermostat, or blocked supply or return vents.
- Warm air: You likely have low or leaking refrigerant, which needs to be addressed by a professional.
- Unusual sounds: If your AC is clicking, screeching, rattling, or banging, it could indicate a variety of component issues.
- Unusual smells: Your HVAC technician should inspect moldy, rotten egg, and burning odors from your air conditioner.
The best way to prevent expensive repairs is with routine AC maintenance. An annual inspection and tune-up in the spring will ensure your system is ready to run reliably all summer long. UAT even offers an HVAC maintenance plan to make this as easy as possible!
AC Repair vs. AC Replacement
When your cooling system malfunctions, it can be difficult to determine if you need a repair or replacement.
A simple repair is usually sufficient if your AC is only a few years old and hasn’t had many problems. However, if your unit is more than 10 years old and needs frequent or costly repairs, an air conditioning replacement may be the better choice.
If you need a new unit, our experienced team can assess your home install an energy-efficient AC that suits your comfort needs and budget.
Choose United Air Temp for 24/7 Air Conditioning Service in Baltimore
As a leader in home comfort since 1931, we are proud to deliver quality customer service to Baltimore homeowners.
We value every customer relationship and work hard to maintain our reputation for reliable, honest, and trustworthy service.
When you trust UAT with your air conditioning repairs, you can expect on-time scheduling, transparent communication, and upfront pricing on every job.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you troubleshoot your air conditioner?
If your AC isn’t cooling quite like it should:
- Ensure your thermostat is set to cool with the fan on auto
- Make sure your air filters are clean and replace them, if necessary
- Check to ensure your outdoor unit isn’t crowded by bushes or debris
- Check your electrical panel for a tripped breaker
- Inspect the condensate pan to confirm its draining properly
If none of these solutions improve your home’s cooling, then it’s time to call a professional.
What should I do while I wait for emergency AC repair?
If your AC is broken and you’re waiting for a repair, you’ll need to keep your house as cool as possible:
- Close any blinds or curtains
- Avoid using appliances that put out heat, like your oven or the dishwasher
- Turn on all the fans in your home to create airflow
- Stay hydrated
How do you reset your air conditioner?
First, ensure your air conditioner is powered off by flipping the circuit breaker.
Then, locate your system’s reset button. It’s likely a small red button on the outside of your unit. If you can’t find it, consult your owner’s manual.
Press and hold the button for three to five seconds. After that, flip your breaker back on and your AC will be reset.