Gas Line Installation & Repair in Baltimore, MD
Gas appliances are integral to modern living, offering rapid heat and consistent performance. Despite their convenience, natural gas carries inherent risks, especially the potential for gas leaks and carbon monoxide poisoning.
At United Air Temp, our trusted plumbers go above and beyond to ensure your home’s gas lines are safe, secure, and functional. Count on our expert team for all your plumbing service needs!
Reasons To Install a Gas Line
Gas lines offer a comprehensive solution for powering various home appliances, from cooking and water heating to HVAC and fireplaces.
You can use your natural gas line to power:
Gas Line Installation in Baltimore
Gas line installation is a process that requires careful planning to ensure your home meets all safety regulations and requirements.
After your utility company has approved the installation of your new lines and installed a gas meter, if you don’t have one, our certified plumbers will get to work. Here’s what you can expect when installing a gas line for a new appliance:
- Turn off your gas line before work begins
- Secure the appropriate gas pipes and fittings
- Lengthen your current gas line to connect to your new appliance
- Connect your appliance to the new gas line
- Turn your gas supply back on
- Test the gas line to ensure it is airtight and ready for use
Signs You Need Emergency Gas Line Repair
Gas line issues pose a serious threat to your safety and health. Being aware of the signs of repair can help prevent the risk of dangers associated with natural gas.
Here’s what you should be on the lookout for:
- Rotten egg odors: Natural gas is naturally odorless, but utility companies treat it to smell like rotten eggs to identify gas leaks more easily.
- Hissing sounds: Whistling or hissing noises are other indicators that your gas line has a leak and needs repairs.
- Dead plants: Gas leaks can wreak havoc on your plants and cause them to deteriorate and die quickly.
- Corroded or rusty gas lines: Visible signs of rust on gas pipes are early indicators that your system needs to be checked out before a leak occurs.
- Dented gas lines: If you notice physical damage to your gas lines, it’s important to get it checked out.
Book Gas Line Services in the Baltimore Area
With the knowledge, training, and expertise needed to efficiently repair, install, and maintain gas lines, United Air Temp is the team you need for expert service. Count on us for:
- Free estimates
- 24/7 emergency plumbing repairs
- Upfront pricing
- On-time scheduling
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional gas piping typically consists of metal pipes, while flexible gas lines, such as Corrugated Stainless-Steel Tubing (CSST), offer more flexibility and easier installation.
What should I do if I have a major gas leak?
If you have a major gas leak, you should:
- Evacuate your home
- Call your utility company to shut off the gas supply
- Call an emergency plumber to find and resolve the leak
What causes gas leaks?
Gas leaks can occur due to various factors, such as:
- Pipe corrosion
- Aging infrastructure
- Weakened connections
- Improper installation
- Damage from construction work or natural disasters
It’s essential to regularly inspect gas-powered systems and address any issues promptly to prevent hazardous leaks.