Geothermal Heating System Services in Baltimore, MD
Baltimore-area residents know how essential a good heating system is to maintaining home comfort and managing energy bills.
Many have chosen geothermal heat pumps to meet their heating needs, and United Air Temp has the experience to provide the full range of services for these powerful systems.
What Is a Geothermal Heat Pump?
Geothermal heat pumps use the Earth’s constant temperature to transfer heat for optimal home comfort.
When it’s hot, the system removes heat from the interior of your home and disperses it back into the ground. When it’s cold, the system will draw heat out of the ground and disperse it throughout your home. This makes for a highly versatile, affordable system that operates year-round.
The system uses fluid that circulates through loops of pipe underground. Because no combustion is involved, the system is far more environmentally friendly and energy-efficient than gas-powered HVAC systems.
Geothermal System Installation & Replacement
United Air Temp can help whether you’re replacing your geothermal heat pump or using it as a heating system replacement for another unit type. There are three key phases in the process.
- Design: The goal of any geothermal system is to utilize as close to 100% of the energy available. The design accounts for home size, energy demands, soil types, and more factors.
- Outdoor installation: We drill into your lawn and install the loop. Whether the loop field is vertical or horizontal depends on space and the condition of the soil.
- Indoor installation: With the loop in place, we move to the interior, where we perform necessary ductwork alterations and provide the heat pump, thermostat, and various additional components. We then calibrate the system to ensure function.
The indoor components should last for 20 years, which is comparable to a furnace, but the underground infrastructure should last for 25 to 50 years, making it a wise investment.
24/7 Geothermal System Repair in the Baltimore Area
Although geothermal systems are reliable, you’ll still need heating repairs from time to time. Get the professionals at United Air Temp involved if you notice:
- Rattling noises from the unit
- Wet spots in your lawn
- Unexplained jumps in your energy bill
- Ice on the coils
- Burning odors
- Lack of cooling or heating
Don’t hesitate to schedule HVAC repairs, especially if you have no HVAC function. United Air Temp provides 24/7 emergency heating repair when you need us most.
Geothermal System Maintenance
Schedule routine maintenance twice yearly to get the best performance and longest life out of your geothermal heat pump. At UAT, our team is thorough and courteous, making geothermal upkeep a breeze. Our geothermal heat pump maintenance checklist includes:
- Inspecting or replacing air filters
- Confirming proper drainage
- Cleaning the pump filter
- Testing for leaks
- Cleaning the evaporator coil
- Testing pump motor, fan, and compressor function
- And more
Choose UAT for Geothermal Heating Services for Your Baltimore Home
United Air Temp proudly serves the Baltimore-area community with fast service, respectful customer care, and HVAC expertise.
Our technicians undergo extensive training to ensure top-notch HVAC installation, repairs, and maintenance.
With our satisfaction guarantee, you can trust you’re getting the best service from our team.
Frequently Asked Questions
How efficient are geothermal heat pumps?
Depending on use, geothermal heat pumps can cut your heating and cooling energy costs by up to 70%. It’s considered one of the most energy-efficient HVAC systems available.
What are the benefits of geothermal heating?
- Reduce utility costs
- Operate quietly
- Require minimal maintenance
- Last longer than other heating and cooling systems
Can you install a geothermal system in your existing home?
Yes. Your HVAC installer can retrofit your existing home to accommodate a geothermal heat pump, provided your property has the appropriate space to install the loop field.