Whole-Home Generator Installation in Baltimore, MD
The power goes out. Suddenly, you have no working television, stove, refrigerator, lights, or electrical appliances. The heat or air conditioning has abruptly stopped, too. You wonder when the electricity will come back on. What can you do?
Your best choice is to have United Air Temp install a whole-home generator so you don’t suffer during the next power outage. With over 90 years in business, we’re the home service company that Baltimore residents trust.
You won’t have to decide between your fridge working or your TV because your small portable generator can’t power everything.
A whole-home generator is a great investment that ensures your home can function normally if a power line goes down or a storm knocks out your electricity.
Benefits of Installing a Whole-Home Generator
A whole-home generator makes sense for many Baltimore-area homeowners. Here are some reasons why you’ll be glad you made this choice:
- Automatic backup power
- Complete comfort during a power outage
- Extended run time
- Peace of mind
- Improved home value
Whole-Home Generators vs. Portable Generators
There are many differences between small, portable generators and whole-home standby generators.:
- Setup: Whole-home generators startup automatically when the power goes out thanks to a transfer switch installed in your electrical panel. You have to go outside, possibly in inclement weather conditions, to set up a portable generator.
- Capacity: Portable generators have significant limitations regarding how many and which appliances they can power. A whole-home generator will produce plenty of electricity for everything you need.
- Run time and fuel: No refueling is needed for standby generators, and they can run continuously for up to 500 hours. Portable units must be turned off and refueled every eight to 12 hours.
- Safety: Portable generators should never be used inside because the exhaust contains high levels of carbon monoxide, which can harm you and your family. Whole-home generators are installed outside so they’re properly ventilated.
Request Electrical Services in the Baltimore Area
United Air Temp has a remarkable history of providing our customers with prompt, courteous service.
Our technicians genuinely care about ensuring each customer is 100% satisfied. In fact, we guarantee it.
Choose our team for:
- Highly trained, licensed electricians
- Free estimates
- Upfront pricing
- Exceptional craftsmanship
- Unbeatable customer service
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do whole-home generators last?
Most whole-home generators can provide 10,000 to 30,000 running hours, which is about 25 to 40 years for most homes. Routine maintenance will lengthen the unit’s life span.
What size generator do I need?
Knowing your home’s approximate square footage is the first step. For example, if your home is between 1,500 and 3,000 square feet, you probably need a 12.5 kW standby generator.
However, every family’s electrical needs are different. Determine how many watts are needed to run all your appliances. Then, tack on 15% to 25% of your estimated wattage total. This will make it unlikely that you overload your standby generator.
Your electrician can help you determine what size generator you need.