Maintaining a warm and comfortable home boils down to the effectiveness and efficiency of your heating system. The expert HVAC team at United Air Temp recommends scheduling annual heating maintenance by fall or early winter.
Preventative tune-ups ensure reliable heating during the colder months for your Maryland home. It also helps our licensed HVAC technicians detect and repair heating issues early on, ensuring your system operates as it should for years to come.
Is It Ever Too Late To Schedule Heating Maintenance?
Just because you’ve missed the ideal window for regular maintenance doesn’t mean your heating system won’t benefit from having a comprehensive inspection and tune-up.
While routine maintenance is best to prepare your heating system for the upcoming season, what’s most important is scheduling annual tune-ups.
Why Schedule Annual Heating Service?
A well-maintained heating unit saves you from surprise breakdowns and hefty repair bills and provides peace of mind and system safety.
With critical system checks like cleaning, inspection, filter replacements, thermostat calibration, and other component checks, you’re giving your system well-deserved attention to extend efficiency and longevity.
Risks of Skipping a Furnace Tune-Up
If your heating system has been reliable and you’re considering skipping annual heating maintenance, there are a few key reasons why you shouldn’t, including:
- Unexpected system shutdowns: It’s the worst-case scenario and a real possibility. During routine inspections, your technician detects minor problems and resolves them before they become larger issues that require emergency repair.
- Frozen and burst pipes: Your home’s essential systems rely on each other to keep your home operational, and this is especially true of your plumbing and heating systems. Without adequate and reliable heat, you may have frozen pipes, which can burst and cause flood damage.
- Carbon monoxide leaks: Your furnace is a complex system that requires maintenance to ensure safe use. Over time, your heat exchanger, which is designed to remove harmful gases like carbon monoxide, can malfunction or break down, leading to carbon monoxide leaks in your home.
- Fire damage: Accidents happen, but a poorly maintained heating system is more susceptible to fires when gas or electrical connections become compromised.
- Reduced indoor air quality: A poorly maintained heating system emits dry air, making breathing more difficult and causing dry skin.
- Premature system failure: Replacing your heating system is a large financial investment for homeowners. When your system is regularly maintained, you can get the most out of your system and reduce the risks of a shortened system life span.
How To Prepare for a Heating Tune-Up
You’ve scheduled maintenance — now what? Here are a few important things you can do to help prepare your system and home for your scheduled service:
- Do you have any specific concerns? Now’s the time to address them. Prepare a list of questions to ask your technician and relay your concerns about your system’s performance.
- Keep the areas around your equipment clean and free of debris for easy access and safety.
- Learn from your technician. Easy tasks like cleaning your air filter can reduce the risk of damage to your system and operations costs. Our technicians will be happy to teach you these basic steps.
Sign Up for a Service Plan So You Never Forget Maintenance
Maximize your savings with United Air Temp’s HVAC maintenance plan. With our Full Service Agreement, your system is routinely inspected to ensure effective and efficient operation.
When you become a service plan member, you gain access to a comprehensive maintenance program that includes:
- Annual 25-point heating and air conditioning maintenance
- Priority service
- No trip charges
- No charge for preventative maintenance on covered equipment
- No charge for service calls, service repair parts, or labor
- No charge for 24-hour emergency service
- Inflation-proof membership that renews annually at the same price
- Credit toward the purchase of a new system
- Transferable membership to a new owner or your new home
Contact UAT for Heating Maintenance in the Baltimore Area
At United Air Temp, we are fully prepared to handle your most complex HVAC service needs. Our highly trained technicians receive ongoing academy and factory training to stay current on industry standards and practices.
We’re dedicated to delivering high-quality, transparent services to every homeowner who calls us. With upfront pricing and quality craftsmanship, we’re committed to servicing our local community.