With the coldest month of the year in Baltimore falling in January, we recommend scheduling your heating maintenance for fall or early winter. AC maintenance is best done in spring or early summer before the peak of heat in July.
This way, our licensed HVAC technicians can ensure that each system is operating properly and prepared for several months of consistent use.
Benefits of Routine HVAC Tune-Ups
There are many benefits of routine HVAC maintenance, including:
- Improved efficiency: Tune-ups include cleaning dirty components that limit energy efficiency. The result is lower utility bills.
- Reduced risk of breakdowns: During our thorough inspections, we can catch minor issues and fix them before they can lead to a major problem.
- Extended system life span: By reducing the overall wear and tear on your unit with annual maintenance, you’re less likely to need premature system replacement.
- Increased safety: Tune-ups greatly reduce the risk of electrical fires from your HVAC system.
How Often Should I Service My HVAC System?
Annual service ensures that your system is well taken care of. We recommend scheduling your tune-ups between seasons — before you begin to use your system regularly — so you can have peace of mind that your heating or cooling unit is operates safely, efficiently, and reliably.
What To Expect During HVAC Maintenance
During a tune-up appointment, your HVAC technician will complete a variety of maintenance tasks, including:
- Inspecting and changing air filters
- Checking refrigerant pressure
- Cleaning outdoor coils, burners, and flame sensors
- Inspecting all motors and electrical components
- Performing a carbon monoxide safety check and combustion analysis
- Checking gas lines
- Measuring indoor humidity
- Inspecting thermostat operation
What Can I Do Between Service Appointments To Keep My HVAC Running Its Best?
Not all HVAC maintenance tasks must be completed by a professional. There are many ways that homeowners can help maintain their systems themselves, including:
- Changing air filters every one to three months
- Keeping a 2-foot clearance around your AC’s outdoor condenser
- Keeping a 30-inch clearance around your furnace
- Cleaning your vents and registers
- Requesting prompt HVAC repairs when you notice abnormal function
Choose UAT for HVAC Maintenance in Baltimore, MD
At United Air Temp, we’re proud to offer superior HVAC maintenance to Baltimore residents from our reliable and honest technicians.
With our Full Service Agreement, you’ll get exclusive membership benefits, including:
- 25-point AC and heating inspections
- No trip charges
- Priority service
- Credit toward the purchase of a new system
- And more
Trust our team to streamline your HVAC maintenance and give you ultimate peace of mind.